TherapSid has a kid!
TherapKid is a powerful & affordable duo-phonic synthesizer inspired by the mighty therapSid.
Best of Both
The first generation of SID (6581) had a wonderful gritty distorted filter but the later 8580 had a much stronger filter (more resonance). TherapKid offers a digital take on the best of both worlds with a strong filter resonance and 6581-like gritty tone.
Monophnoic, Duophonic, Chords & Drones
TherapKid has 2 voices, each voice consisting of 4 oscillators.
In duophonic mode you can play 2 notes at once, in mono mode you can detune them. But you can take things further by detuning each of the oscillators individually to form chords or drones.
While the wavetables are 8Bit, they are processed by a powerful 96MHz 32BIT processor and put out of a 16BIT DAC with oversampling and filtering. This formula of retro sound generated by modern hardware allows for plenty of summing headroom, a rich sounding filter, and complex modulations.
- Set the volume of the 8 waveforms independently*
- Tune each of the 8 waveforms independently (chords, drones!)*
- Sine wave for pure tones and deep sub bass*
- Muti-mode arpeggiator
- Ring modulator
- Duophonic or monophonic modes
- Hybrid 6581/8580 inspired multimode filter (Low pass, High pass, Band Pass, Notch)
- Dual therapSid style LFO with up to 48 connections that can be made a a push of a button.
- 50 Preset memory with wild random preset generator
- Sturdy powder-coated steel case
- Hardware MIDI via included 3.5mm >Din5 cable
- USB Powered (can be battery powered with a USB battery brick)
- 185mm x95mm x30mm
*can’t be done on a real SID