We are proud to present MEGAfm, a result of several years of development.
MEGAfm uses and abuses the vintage YM2612 FM chip originally found in the Megadrive/Genesis games console.
Unlike most FM synthesizers that are very clean and digital, the YM2612 has very characterful tone allowing a broad sound palette ranging from beautiful plucked strings to growly distorted bass lines.
Hardware FM synthesizers are infamous for their reduced controls and complexity to program, with tiny LCD screens and only a couple of buttons to operate a load of menus…
With its 32 operators faders, 14 knobs and 15 buttons MEGAfm offers unprecedented hands-on FM control!
Every knob and fader can easily be modulated by the easy to use LFOs.
MAKE IT A DOUBLE!
The YM2612 chip offers 6 voices of crispy FM, 4 operators per voice and 8 algorithms.
MegaFM features 2 chips for a total of 12voices spread across two outputs (or summed to one)
- 12 Voice Polyphony
- Dual YM2612 FM chips (included)
- 8 Algorithms
- 600 preset memory (saving to any slot) arranged in 6 banks. Easy upload/download of banks to and from computer vis SYSEX.
- Preset randomiser
- 4 Voicing modes (Poly12, stereo/wide6, special CH3 mode, 12 voice unison with detune/fat knob
- Stereo or Mono output (1 chip per channel or both chips summed)
- 32 Sliders for total control of all 4 operators
- 14 knobs
- 15 buttons
- 23 LEDS, LED numeric display.
- 3 lfos to modulate any parameter
- 7-mode arpeggiator with transposable Sh-style step sequencer
- Vibrato with depth and rate
- MIDI clock on all LFOs, ARP and Vibrato
- All faders/knobs send MIDI (use MegaFM to control your favourite modern FM synth!)
- Full MIDI automation
- Dual 6.35mm TS output and 6.35mm Stereo Headphones output
- Brushed/Anodized Aluminum Case
- Sturdy metal panel bolted potentiometers
- Dimensions: 30CM x 13CM x 5CM
- DIN5 MIDI input with MIDI channel learn and thru/out
Please note the plugin is a MIDI controller for MEGAfm only and will not produce any sound without the hardware
R1.7 Oct 19th 2020
-Voice Stealing added to wide6 mode
R1.6 Sept 7th 2020
-Improved voice triggering in Poly12 and Poly6 modes (oldest voice fired next so less likely to interrupt a decaying voice).
-Added Voice stealing to dual ch3 mode.
-Fixed a bug with preset dump/receive
-Optimised Led display
R1.5 June 19th 2020
-Fixed a bug that could cause MegaFM to become silent
-LFO LED can no longer conflict with blinking bank LED when changing presets.
R1.4 June 16th 2020
-Voice Mode changes to wide6 when arp is turned on
-Default preset is set to wide6
-Fixed factory bass presets 10-19. Some had issues in 1.3.
(Hold reset at startup to reload factory presets. Warning: This will erase and replace presets 0-50 of Bank1 )
R1.3 May 11th 2020
-LFO are bipolar
-LFO shape LED blinks to show LFO rate
-MOD wheel, Velocity and aftertouch can now override the LFO when its rate is zero.
-Aftertouch response smoothed
-Panel recall. Press reset twice to catch all fader/knob parameters
-Fat modes revisited in poly voice modes:
Choose between +/- 1 semitone or +/- 1oct range in setup mode (see manual for details).
-detune fader was not displaying all values correctly.
R1.2 May 6th 2020
-Looping Noise LFO – 8,16 or 32 steps
-Preset volume can be ignored on preset change (global)
-Added Midi program change
-Swapped controls for operators 2 and 3
-algorithm MIDI CC range (miss-matched VST editor’s range)
-LFO retriggers on every first key even if retrig is off.
-LED screen no longer displays the received CC value (got in the way of the UI)
R1.1 April 26th 2020
-Improved fader sensitivity
-Improved factory presets
-firmware version displayed at startup
-preset number was not displayed at startup if preset=0.