All sounds in the above video from megaFM
We are proud to present MEGAfm, a result of several years of development.
MEGAfm uses and abuses the vintage YM2612 FM chip originally found in the Megadrive/Genesis games console.
Please note this is a pre-order. MEGAfm is expected to ship in April, each unit is hand assembled in France.
Watch this page as more information becomes available.
Unlike most FM synthesizers that are very clean and digital, the YM2612 has very characterful tone allowing a broad sound palette ranging from beautiful plucked strings to growly distorted bass lines.
Hardware FM synthesizers are infamous for their reduced controls and complexity to program, with tiny LCD screens and only a couple of buttons to operate a load of menus…
With its 32 operators faders, 14 knobs and 15 buttons MEGAfm offers unprecedented hands-on FM control!
Every knob and fader can easily be modulated by the easy to use LFOs.
MAKE IT A DOUBLE!
The YM2612 chip offers 6 voices of crispy FM, 4 operators per voice and 8 algorithms.
MegaFM features 2 chips for a total of 12voices spread across two outputs (or summed to one)
- 12 Voice Polyphony
- Dual YM2612 FM chips (included)
- 8 Algorithms
- 600 preset memory (saving to any slot) arranged in 6 banks. Easy upload/download of banks to and from computer vis SYSEX.
- Preset randomiser
- 4 Voicing modes (Poly12, stereo/wide6, special CH3 mode, 12 voice unison with detune/fat knob
- Stereo or Mono output (1 chip per channel or both chips summed)
- 32 Sliders for total control of all 4 operators
- 14 knobs
- 15 buttons
- 23 LEDS, LED numeric display.
- 3 lfos to modulate any parameter
- 7-mode arpeggiator with transposable Sh-style step sequencer
- Vibrato with depth and rate
- MIDI clock on all LFOs, ARP and Vibrato
- All faders/knobs send MIDI (use MegaFM to control your favourite modern FM synth!)
- Full MIDI automation
- Dual 6.35mm TS output and 6.35mm Stereo Headphones output
- Brushed/Anodized Aluminum Case
- Sturdy metal panel bolted potentiometers
- DIN5 MIDI input with MIDI channel learn and thru/out