deton8 is a hybrid sampler/drum synthesizer using a mix of crunchy 8BIT samples and wavetable synthesis. and a plethora of real time fx and tricks.
Handle-assembled to order in France.
- Hardware MIDI (MIDI Type A)
- SYNC IN
- SYNC OUT
- 16 patterns of 1-16 steps each
- Chain up to 16 patterns in a row to make a song
- 8 Voices (Kick, Snare, Metal (hats), Clap, Can (tinny sounds), Tom, Nut (woody sounds), SYNTH (NES inspired triangle wavetable synthesizer, with arp that can be shaped to a square).
- Pitch and decay modulation per step on every voice
- 8 hands on Stutter modes: Beat repeat (with variable rate), Forward granular, Reverse granular, Pendulum granular (scratch), buzz/texture , random granular (noise generation), spin up, spin down
- Forward & Reverse sample playback per track
- Delay with variable delay time and pitch decay (upwards and downwards)
- Ring mod effect with variable frequency
- Global pitch shift
- Copy/Paste patterns
- Real time pattern recording with optional metronome
- Tap tempo
- Mute/Solo a track
- Drive any voice into distortion
- Sound variation knob for Kick (add sub), Snare (add noise/snappy), Hats (change texture) and Synth (arpeggiate)
- Pump aka sidechain compression emulation (any track can “duck” the others for the pumping/breathing effect)
- Pattern clean and randomize for accidental magical beats
deton8 includes the following kits, but you’ll be able to upload your own samples!
- DETON8 default (big beats, break)
- AMY SISTER (jungle break)
- HIP08 (for all your 808 hiphop needs)
- TEK09 (Rave on)
- MINTY POPS (Classic beats)
- INDUSTRIAL (exclusive kit by our dear friend NKDM)
- 14 additional kits, thanks to Electronisounds !
Sample Editor R1 for PC and R2 for mac (updated may 23 2019):
Special thanks to Electronisounds for providing 14 awesome bonus kits!
Hold run at startup to enter update mode.
After you update to R2 for the first time, you might need to format by holding shift at startup.
Download the file to your computer and upload it to your device here: twisted-electrons.com/update
Firmware update R4 Channel 1
Firmware update R4 Channel 10
Oct 9th 2019
-Fixed a bug that caused stutter effects 2 and 3 to be initially silent.
-Fixed bug causing sequencer to advance a step at startup when sync-in jack present
Firmware update R3 Sept 6th 2019
-Fixed a bug that caused stutter effect to be very loud.
-Better Pattern Randomiser (sparser patterns)
Firmware update R2 May 23 2019
-Fixed a bug that corrupted the patterns.
-Change kits without stopping/restarting device (requires editor V2)