deton8 is a hybrid sampler/drum synthesizer using a mix of crunchy 8BIT samples and wavetable synthesis. and a plethora of real time fx and tricks.
Handle-assembled to order in the south of France.
- Hardware MIDI
- SYNC IN
- SYNC OUT
- 16 patterns of 1-16 steps each
- Chain up to 16 patterns in a row to make a song
- 8 Voices (Kick, Snare, Metal (hats), Clap, Can (tinny sounds), Tom, Nut (woody sounds), SYNTH (NES inspired triangle wavetable synthesizer, with arp that can be shaped to a square).
- Two modes: Loop Mode (for breaks and melodic content, decay and tune is global) & Kit mode (individual tuning and decay per part)
- Pitch and decay modulation per step on every voice
- 8 hands on Stutter modes: Beat repeat (with variable rate), Forward granular, Reverse granular, Pendulum granular (scratch), buzz/texture , random granular (noise generation), spin up, spin down
- Forward & Reverse sample playback per track
- Delay with variable delay time and pitch decay (upwards and downwards)
- Ring mod effect with variable frequency
- Global pitch shift
- Copy/Paste patterns
- Real time pattern recording with optional metronome
- Tap tempo
- Mute/Solo a track
- Drive any voice into distortion
- Sound variation knob for Kick (add sub), Snare (add noise/snappy), Hats (change texture) and Synth (arpeggiate)
- Pump aka sidechain compression emulation (any track can “duck” the others for the pumping/breathing effect)
- Pattern clean and randomize for accidental magical beats
deton8 includes the following kits, but you’ll be able to upload your own samples!
- DETON8 default (big beats, break)
- AMY SISTER (jungle break)
- HIP08 (for all your 808 hiphop needs)
- TEK09 (Rave on)
- MINTY POPS (Classic beats)
- INDUSTRIAL (exclusive kit by our dear friend NKDM)
Special thanks to Electronisounds for providing 14 awesome bonus kits!